Helps prevent incontinence associated dermatitis and moisture lesions
Helps manage moisture related skin damage
Safe for paediatrics and neonates
Adheres well to moist and dry skin
Maintains skin integrity by protecting skin from exposure to faeces, urine and bodily fluids including sweat and perspiration
Moisturises and protects severely dry skin
Protects peri-wound skin
Visible sheen on skin but transparent for monitoring
Safe and effective
Where can PROSHIELD Plus be used?
- Elderly patients
- Paediatrics and neonates
- Intact and injured skin associated with incontinence
Applying PROSHIELD Plus
PROSHIELD Plus Skin Protectant should be gently smoothed over the area of intact or injured skin; do not rub in as this may cause friction. The product will leave a visible barrier on the surface of the skin and is suitable for daily use.
Answers to frequently asked questions
- PROSHIELD Plus Skin Protectant has a special “tacky consistency” to ensure it adheres well to moist and dry skin
- Cleansing and reapplication of PROSHIELD should be repeated as often as necessary and in line with applicable local protocols:Check skin regularly and reapply if barrier cream is no longer visible on skin surface
- For severe incontinence/diarrhoea, Best Practice Guidelines recommends thorough cleansing and reapplication to be carried out after each incontinent episode
- Both products are safe and effectiveFor best results, store at room temperature below (below 25°C) in a dry place. Avoid extreme heat. Do not freeze
- FREE FROM: Parabens, Petrolatum, latex, mineral oil, lanolin alcohol
- Single patient use only. Once open may be used through its expiration date
*See product insert leaflet for full instructions for use.