Mefix Self-adhesive Tape (Molnlycke)
Benefits of Mefix
• Skin-friendly, water-based, solvent-free adhesive
• Pre-measured protection paper allows for convenient measurement and cutting
• Adapts well to body contours
• Air permeable, prevents maceration and gives better comfort
• Can be sterilized by steam and EtO
Areas of use
Mefix can be used in a wide variety of situations where fixation is required, including fixation of dressings, swabs, catheters, and tubes.
How Mefix works
The porous structure of the non-woven fabric ensures air and water vapour permeability. The fabric is flexible, confirms well to body contours, and allows body movements when in place. The fabric is non-absorbent and provides a barrier for blood and fluid strike-through.
The water based polyacrylate adhesive has been designed to be gentle to the skin and at the same time provide secure fixation.
The easy-to-remove protection paper is pre-measured in 10 cm intervals, and has a perforated split for easy removal and application. Mefix can easily be cut to the desired shape and size.
Mefix is made of a porous, polyester elastic non-woven coated with a skin friendly polyacrylate adhesive providing secure fixation. It is protected by an easy-to-remove, pre-measured release liner.