DURAFIBER* (Smith & Nephew)
The DURAFIBER range is a new generation of strong non woven gelling fibre dressing with the benefits of cleaning one piece removal.
Strength in Performance
The DURAFIBRE range is a new generation of high performance gelling fibre dressing designed to meet the many challenges posed by medium and heavily exuding infected and non infected wounds.
Specially designed with innovative fibre technology. DURAFIBRE features a unique non-woven fibre blend that is integral to its high performance.
This unique blend provides an exclusive combination of benefits that set DURAFIBRER dressings apart from conventional gelling fibre dresssings.
Clean one-piece removal
- High wet strength and structural integrity
- Low risk of fibre shed and dressing residue
- Minimal pain and trauma for the patient on dressing removal
- High absorption and retention apacity
- minimal lateral wicking-helps protwct pen-wound skin against the risk of maceration
- Locks in fluid and harmful bacteria-may help prevent the risk of cross contamination on removal.
- Gentle conformable gel matrix
- Helps promote patient concordance
- Reduces dead space where bacteria may proliferate
- Unique anti-shrinkage properties
- Minamil shrinkage when wet - may help sustained coverage
- maintains a favourable moist wound healing environment