AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing is indicated for use in the following wound types:
- Leg ulcers, pressure ulcers (Stage 2-4) and diabetic ulcers.
- Surgical wounds (e.g. post-operative, donor sites, dermatological)
- Partial thickness second degree burns.
- Surgical wounds that heal by primary intent, such as dermatological and surgical incisions (e.g. orthopedic and vascular)
- Traumatic wounds
- Wounds that are prone to bleeding such as wounds that have been mechanically or surgically debrided and donor sites
- Painful wounds
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing provides added strength and absorption compared to AQUACEL® Dressing, for when greater efficiencies are desired.
- EXTRA Absorbency: AQUACEL® EXTRA Dressing is 39% more absorbent than standard AQUACEL® Dressing.
- Manage high exuding wounds and realise dressing efficiencies in moderately exuding wounds and post acute settings.
- EXTRA Strength: AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing wet tensile strength is 9 times stronger than standard AQUACEL® Dressing.
- Helps facilitate one piece easy removal.
- May increase patient comfort during dressing changes
AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing contraindications
- AQUACEL® EXTRA™ Dressing should not be used on individuals who are sensitive to or who have had an allergic reaction to the dressing or its components
Please note: This product does not contain latex.
Please see package insert for complete instructions for use.