ALLEVYN Ag Gentle (Smith & Nephew)
ALLEVYN Ag Gentle is a highly absorbent antimicrobial foam dressing with a soft gel gentle adhesive to enable easy application under secondary retention including compression. ALLEVYN Ag Gentle has been designed for when you need some gentle adhesion to give you a helping hand as you apply dressings on delicate areas of the body. The soft gel adhesive is suitable for use on fragile skin and is shown to minimise trauma and pain at dressing changes.
- Triple action technology provides optimal fluid handling to maintain a moist wound healing environment.
- Breathable top film helps to minimise the risk of maceration to the wound and peri-wound.
- Provides an effective barrier preventing bacterial strikethrough.
- Soft and comfortable for the patient, the dressing conforms to curves and awkward areas.
- The gentle adhesive means the dressing is suitable for use on fragile and delicate skin.
- Easy to apply and remove, the gentle adhesive holds the dressing in place whilst secondary retention is applied.
- Suitable for use under compression bandaging.
- Suitable for use on patients with Epidermolysis Bullosa.
ALLEVYN Gentle dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Seven day dressing
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Skin tears
- Fungating ulcers