Cunningham Clamp by BARD
The Cunningham Penile Clamp is an effective device to help control male urinary incontinence. This simple male incontinence product/device has helped thousands of men cope with the dribbling and incontinent side effects secondary to prostate cancer, stroke, and other urinary problems.The Cunningham Clamp is a hinged, stainless steel frame supporting two foam rubber pads, and a locking device. The user places the penis between the two foam pads and the hinged clamp is squeezed shut. The lower foam pad on the Cunningham Clamp has an inverted "V" which presses against the underside of the penis exerting a closing pressure on the urethra, which is close to the bottom of the penis. The clamping mechanism has five separate settings to control male Incontinence. This permits the user to achieve the proper amount of pressure with the Cunningham Clamp to prevent urine leakage without discomfort.
- The Cunningham Clamp is reusable and sized by penis circumference (not length).
- To urinate simply release the clamp and spontaneously urinate, or if you self-cath, release the clamp and follow your normal self-cath procedure.
- After completion, replace the clamp to control dribbling.
- Many users buy two or three Cunningham Clamps.
- One to wear while washing the other, and a spare just in case you lose one.
- The Cunningham Clamp may be worn throughout the day releasing in between urinations.
- Directions for Easy Adjustment to Give Proper Fit and Comfort
- A very light pressure on the urethral canal on the underside of the penis will prevent any leakage.
- The necessary pressure is achieved by the hump in the under part of the Cunningham Clamp.
- For proper fit and comfort, the upper part of the clamp can be easily shaped by the fingers.
- Exact adjustment of pressure is achieved by the ratchet catch on the regular and large sizes and the adjustable snap button on the juvenile size. To release the catch on the regular and large sizes, press inward on both the spring wire loops.
- Be sure that the clamp is not set so tight that it will interfere with the blood circulation.