ACTICOAT Moisture Control comprises a breathable waterproof blue top film, an inner core of highly absorbent hydrocellular foam and a non-adhesive wound contact layer with a nanocrysntalline silver coating.
Features and Benefits- Highly absorbent foam dressing
- Rapid and sustained release of Nanocrystalline† Silver for 7 days¹
- Absorbs exudate even under compression
- Over 3 times more absorbent than Aquacel Ag²
- Works over a full 7 days for cost effective wound treatment
As an antimicrobial absorbent barrier dressing over full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, surgical wounds, donor sites, graft and dermal sites and first and second degree burns..
Contraindications / Precautions- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver
- Do not use on a patient undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination
- Do not use if product colour is not uniform
- ACTICOAT Moisture Control is not compatible with oil based products, such as petrolatum
- ACTICOAT Moisture Control is not compatible with oxidising agents (e.g. EUSOL) as these can break down - the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements (e.g. EEG and ECG)
- If reddening or sensitisation occurs, discontinue use
- ACTICOAT Moisture Control may not be compatible with topical antimircobials